One of the most well-known frameworks for creating front-end web apps quickly and effectively is Angular. Angular was created by Google and is based on TypeScript, a language created and maintained by Microsoft. Developers should be aware of component libraries for Angular so they can make the best choices for their projects. Let’s discuss the best Angular Component Library for building frontend web apps.
The Top Angular Component Libraries
1. Angular Material
Angular Material is Angular’s component library that implements Google's Material Design. It was created based on TypeScript and Angular frameworks. Programmers can employ a variety of its features in web-based applications. This solution comes with tools that let any developer make unique components using popular interfaces and interaction patterns.
Angular Material is the best Angular UI component library available. It helps to maintain consistency and a smooth user experience across a variety of hardware and operating systems including Windows, Android, MacOS, and Chromium. The components in this collection can be used to create buttons, dialog boxes, bottom sheets, and other elements. The Angular Material Component Library has roughly 40 parts that can be used to develop feature-rich applications and fully customizable themes.
Features of Angular Material
- It has a built-in, responsive design.
- It uses conventional CSS.
- Button, checkbox, and text field usage in the new version of UI Components is done in accordance with Angular Material design principles.
- It offers specialized features, including swiping, side navigation, cards, toolbar, speed dial, and more.
- It is used to construct web components and is cross-platform.
First, run the command below to create your Angular Material project using the Angular CLI's installation schematic:
// Installation for Angular CLI
ng add @angular/material
After running the above command, follow the necessary prompt. You can also check out the full installation guide.
Issues with Angular Material
- It lacks an import component for all components.
- Some components are not sufficiently responsive.
- Adding accessibility to components is not very simple to do.
- ARIA is overused or misused in some components.
Vaadin is an Angular library offers 45+ open-source components. For good user experience, these components are designed for both web and mobile viewing. Vaadin is built on the open W3C web components standard, making it compatible with all current browsers and front-end frameworks. The Vaddin components also include Figma, a top-notch library that makes it simple to build UI prototypes based on Vaadin.
Features of Vaadin
- It has responsive designs.
- It is manually examined using widely used assistive technologies.
- It is a solid foundation for personal design systems.
- It includes the Figma library, a high-quality library for developing prototypes.
- It handles routing and server-client communication with speed and security.
- There is support for screen readers and keyboard navigation.
- It provides over 45 open-source components.
You can install Vaadin using NPM as follows:
// with npm
npm install @vaadin/vaadin-grid
Just run the above command, import the components needed, and you’re good to go.
Issues with Vaadin
- You might not be able to develop creative websites with Vaadin because it's geared for business.
Nebular is a flexible Angular UI component package that emphasizes the application's design and adaptability. The Angular component library contains four graphic styles and more than 40 UI components, as well as modules for security and authentication. Nebular has no third-party dependencies, so you can use Angular UI components to build responsive and aesthetically pleasing UI quickly and easily.
Features of Nebular
- It has a layer of authentication.
- It has fantastic local support.
- Components have styles that can be changed.
- It uses the Eva design system in implementation.
- The MIT license allows for the free distribution of its source code.
Install Nebular with the following code:
// Installation for Angular CLI
ng add @nebular/theme
To install other dependencies as well as Nebular icons, follow the full installation guide.
4. NG Bootstrap
Another well-known Angular UI component framework that draws inspiration from Bootstrap is NG Bootstrap. Although NGX Bootstrap and NG Bootstrap share a name, NG Bootstrap is an entirely different project. Only Bootstrap 5 CSS and Angular-specific APIs are used to create NG Bootstrap components.
NG Bootstrap boasts over 7,900 GitHub ratings and 400,000 NPM downloads per week.
Features of NG Bootstrap
- Developers can employ Bootstrap UI elements like progress bars, carousels, and modals.
- It has a large neighborhood for support.
- It contains a selection of widgets, including all of the Bootstrap widgets.
- Only a basic understanding of Angular is needed to use NG Bootstrap.
- There are no external dependencies for the Angular component library.
- Components are lightweight and responsive.
- All of the components have been tested as well.
You can install NG Bootstrap as follows:
// Installation for Angular CLI
ng add @ng-bootstrap/ng-bootstrap
For more components and dependencies: https://ng-bootstrap.github.io/#/getting-started.
Issues with NG Bootstrap
- Working knowledge of Bulma vs Bootstrap is needed to use NG-Bootstrap.
- Locating a bug in the code can be challenging.
- It is not often updated.
A full UI suite for Angular, PrimeNG provides an extensive range of more than 80 UI components that are not only open-source and free to use, but also very simple to implement. With PrimeNG, you can select from a variety of expertly crafted flat and material themes that are highly responsive, touch-optimized, and offer exceptional performance on a variety of mobile devices. This Angular component library is particularly intriguing because it was developed by PrimeTek Informatics, a business that specializes in creating high-quality open-source UI solutions.
The key advantage of PrimeNG over alternative components is that PrimeNG provides a variety of customization choices and enables you to quickly make your work available in the manner you desire. With the highly customizable native Angular CLI application, you can get started immediately.
Features of PrimeNG
- It has more than 80 distinct parts.
- You can develop your own themes by using a theme designer.
- Anyone can easily get started with the expertly crafted, adaptable templates that PrimeNG offers.
- It contains 200+ icons and over 280 UI blocks.
- It is updated frequently, and any issues can be handled promptly.
Install with the command below:
// with npm
npm i primeng
Issues with PrimeNG
- It exclusively accepts open source contributions for bug fixes, but features are not accepted.
- Its documentation is inconsistent.
- A few parts are abused or used excessively by rich accessible internet applications.
6. Angular Google Maps
Angular developers can use Google Maps services in their Angular apps by using Google Maps’ set of directives and services. Use of Google Maps in Angular was previously challenging due to the library's use of a script tag, which prevented easy access to the type definitions. This resulted in compilation errors. However, using Angular Google Maps directives, it’s simple to create maps, markers, shapes, lines, panes, and so on. Additionally, the Angular component library provides an asynchronous method to check if the Google Maps library has been loaded on a certain web page.
Features of Angular Google Maps
- The Angular component library can show a chosen latitude and longitude.
- It allows you to specify a route on Google Maps.
- It allows you to add place markers.
- It shows the location on a map.
You can install Angular Google Maps simply by doing this:
npm i @angular/google-maps
N/B: In production, the Angular Google Maps module sometimes fails to render.
In this article, we covered six distinct Angular component libraries. Each of them has its own special features and can be utilized according to your needs. Hopefully, these descriptions will assist you in selecting the ideal Angular component library for your next project.